Pride month occurs at different times around the world, but nearly always during the warm summer months. Some even deem summer as Pride Season! Although many cities around the world are celebrating Pride in diverse forms, there are still many underlying issues in the 2SLGBTQI+ community: underfunding of organizations serving the community, understanding how funders can move beyond rainbow washing, issues around labels and language, and much more.
In honor of the end of Pride season and the two most recent PhiLab podcast episodes on the topic, we have brought together a list of articles and resources on the very timely theme of how philanthropy can best support the 2SLGBTQI+ movement.
Happy Reading !
- Underfunding: the barrier preventing 2SLGBTQI+ organizations from serving their communities by The Enchanté Network
- Beyond Rainbow Washing by Ezra Nepon, Senior Program Officer for Knowledge and Learning Global Philanthropy Project and Jerry Koh, Impact Lead New Power Labs
- Funding for LGBTQ+ organisation small but growing fraction of American philanthropy by Alliance magazine
- Queer Yukon brings Pride and front-line support across the territory by Samantha Edwards, The Philanthropist Journal
- Vous souhaitez donc financer l’émancipation de la diversité des genres? par Désirée Nore Duchesne, The Philanthropist Journal
- So you want to fund gender-diverse liberation by Désirée Nore Duchesne, The Philanthropist Journal