Titre ou Fonction
- Economics of the Nonprofit Sector, Volunteering, Philanthropy, Nonprofit Management, Entrepreneurship, and Microfinance
- University of Pennsylvania
Femida Handy is Professor of Social Policy at the School of Social Policy and Practice at the University of Pennsylvania and the Director of the PhD program. Prior to being appointed as Editor-in-Chief of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly in 2010, the premier journal in the field, she served on the editorial board of several academic journals. Professor Handy has published widely in a variety scientific journals on a variety of nonprofit-related topics, and her work has garnered many awards. One area of prominence is her scholarship on volunteering and philanthropy, in an international context. Before coming to Penn, Professor Handy was Associate Professor at Faculty of Environmental Studies, at York University in Toronto, Canada.
- Handy, F. & Russell, A. (2018) Ethics for Social Impact:Ethical Decision-making for Social Impact. London, U.K.: Palgrave Macmillan.
- De Wit, A., Neumayr, M., Handy, F., & Weipking, P. (2018). Do government expenditures shift private philanthropic donations to particular fields of welfare? Evidence from cross-country data. European Sociological Review, 34(1), 6-21. https://doi.org/10.1093/esr/jcx086
- Katz-Gerro, T., Greenspan, I., Handy, F., & Lee, H.Y. (2017). The Relationship between Value Types and Environmental Behaviour in Four Countries: Universalism, Benevolence, Conformity and Biospheric Values Revisited. Environmental Values, 26(2), 223-249. https://doi.org/10.3197/096327117X14847335385599
- Wang, L., Mook, L., & Handy, F. (2017). An Empirical Analysis of Formal and Informal Volunteering in Canada. Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, 28(1), 139-161. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11266-016-9725-0
- Shier, M. L., & Handy, F. (2016). Executive leadership and social innovation in direct service nonprofits: Shaping the organizational culture to create social change. Journal of Progressive Human Services, 27(2), 111-130. https://doi.org/10.1080/10428232.2016.1155429
- Kassam, M., Handy, F., & Janson, E. (2016). Philanthropy in India: Practice and Promise. New Delhi: Sage.
- Katz-Gerro, T., Greenspan, I, Handy, F., Lee, H.Y., & Frey, A. (2015). Environmental Philanthropy and Environmental Behavior in Five Countries: Is there Convergence among youth? Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, 26(4), 1485-1509. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11266-014-9496-4
- Virginia A. Hodgkinson Research Prize for best research book on philanthropy and the nonprofit sector: The Palgrave Handbook on Global Philanthropy (2015)
- Emerald Best International Symposium Award. Academy of Management : Making Nonprofit Organizations More Meaningful: What Can We Learn from Global Philanthropy?
- Editors' Prize for Best Scholarly Paper, Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Jossey-Bass Publishers