Titre ou Fonction
- Accountability of Philanthropic Foundations and Place-based Approaches to Giving.
- Queensland University of Technology - Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies
- +61(7) 31382739
Alexandra is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS) in the QUT Business School at Queensland University of Technology. She holds a PhD and a Master of Business (Research) from QUT examining the accountability of philanthropic foundations, and a Master of Business (Philanthropy and Social Investment) from Swinburne University of Technology. Her research is focused on philanthropic foundations, accountability and place-based giving. Prior to commencing in academia in 2011, she had 14 years involvement in philanthropic foundations and grantmaking, in roles which involved researching and implementing grantmaking strategies.
[su_accordion] [su_spoiler title="Publications"] My full list of publications can be found here
- Williamson, Alexandra, Luke, Belinda G., & Furneaux, Craig W. (2020) Ties that bind: Public foundations in dyadic partnerships. VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, doi: 10.1007/s11266-020-00269-8
- Williamson, Alexandra (2020) Agenda-setting and public policy in private foundations. Nonprofit Policy Forum, 11(1), doi: 10.1515/npf-2019-0049
- Williamson, Alexandra, Luke, Belinda G. (2019) Publicness and the identity of public foundations. The Foundation Review, 11(2), doi: 10.9707/1944-5660.1482
- McGregor-Lowndes, M., & Williamson, A. (2018). Foundations in Australia: Dimensions for International Comparison. American Behavioral Scientist, 62(13), 1759–1776. doi: 10.1177/0002764218773495
- Leat, D., Williamson, A., & Scaife, W. (2018). Grantmaking in a Disorderly World: The Limits of Rationalism. Australian Journal of Public Administration, 77(1), 128-135. doi: 10.1111/1467-8500.12249
- Williamson, A., Luke, B., Leat, D., & Furneaux, C. (2017). Founders, Families, and Futures: Perspectives on the Accountability of Australian Private Ancillary Funds. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 46(4), 747-771. doi: 10.1177/0899764017703711
- Williamson, A., Luke, B., & Furneaux, C. (2017). Why Be Accountable? Exploring Voluntary Accountability of Australian Private Ancillary Funds. Australian Journal of Public Administration, 77(3), 375-391. doi: 10.1111/1467-8500.12255
- Williamson, A., Leat, D., & Scaife, W. (2017). Narratives of performance measurement in philanthropic foundations. Voluntary Sector Review, 8(3), 273-298. doi: 10.1332/204080517X695931
- Scaife, Wendy A., McDonald, Katie, Williamson, Alexandra, & Mossel, Valerie (2015) Giving in Australia: Philanthropic Potential Beginning To Be Realized. In Wiepking, P., et al. (Eds.), Palgrave Handbook of Global Philanthropy. Palgrave Macmillan. doi: 10.1057/9781137341532_28
- Williamson, Alexandra, Luke, Belinda G., & Furneaux, Craig W. (2019) Accountability of philanthropic foundations: interviewing private and powerful givers about their responsibilities. SAGE Research Methods Papers in Business and Management. doi: 10.4135/978152646662