The project aims to answer the following:
- What are the main historical phases of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Quebec, its key concepts and new approaches?
- How important is CSR in the management of grantmaking foundations in Quebec?
- What phases led the Béati Foundation to integrate CSR principles into their practices and create the PRI Québec Network?
- What role did the Regroupement play in CSR’s recent history and its connections to the philanthropic sector?
- What are the main aspects of available CSR related services in Quebec?
- How does the Regroupement compare regarding available CSR services?
Three objectives were identified following this line of questioning:
- Revisit Quebec’s CSR history and how the Regroupement fits in the timeline
- Survey Quebec foundations on their representation of CSR and their knowledge of the ISO 260002 norm
- Identify CSR services in Quebec and the space occupied by the Regroupement
- Highlight the most interesting approaches, in terms of CSR practice integration among grantmaking foundations.
Research Axis: Sectoral or regional portraits of philanthropy
Project supervisor: Jean-Marc Fontan
Partner(s): Fondation Béati et Regroupement pour la responsabilité sociale des entreprises (RRSE)
Team member(s): Taïeb Hafsi, Saouré Kouamé, Stéphane Pisani et David Grant-Poitras
Beginning date of the project:
End date or projected end date of the project: