In Glasgow, from October 31st to November 12th, 2021, the next edition of the Conference of Parties will take place. Under the rallying banner of “Uniting the world to tackle climate change”, this conference aims to achieve four broad objectives: reach the zero-emission and maximum 1.5-degree increase in temperature targets by 2050; adapt to protect natural habitats and communities; mobilize the financial world; and, work together to reach these goals.
The COP26 call is reminiscent of past calls and invites, hand in hand with the public, all actors – private, public or social – to work together.
How has the philanthropic grantmaking community received this call?
This special edition, led by the National Hub, is dedicated to the links to be made between the COPs, including COP26, and philanthropy, and attempts to answer this question.
- Editorial – Climate Philanthropy: The issue of climate change in the context of COP26, by Jean-Marc Fontan, National Hub
- Video: Presentation of the COPs and the role of philanthropy (In French only), with Catherine Viens, Edouard Morena, and Jean-Marc Fontan
- Comic Strip: Presentation of the Conference of Parties and Philanthropy’s Role, by Morgane Pellerin, Quebec Hub
- COP26 : Entrevue auprès de Karel Mayrand, président directeur général de la Fondation du Grand Montréal, by Jean-Marc Fontan, National Hub
- COP26 : Entrevue auprès de Benjamin Bellegy, directeur exécutif de WINGS, by Jean-Marc Fontan, National Hub
- Faced with the climate emergency, Canadian foundations are called upon to join the #PhilanthropyForClimate movement, by David Grant-Poitras, Quebec Hub
- COP26 : Canadian philanthropy and the climate crisis with Annie Bérubé, by Annie Bérubé, Program Director at the McConnell Foundation, PhiLab partner
- Canadian Philanthropy Commitment on Climate Change opens for Signature, by Philanthropic Foundations Canada, PhiLab Partner
- Entretien avec Éric St-Pierre, directeur de la Fondation familiale Trottier, by David Grant-Poitras, Quebec Hub
- Climate philanthropy before COP26, by Alliance Magazine, PhiLab partner
- Net Zero by 2050: A Roadmap for the Global Energy Sector, by the International Energy Agency
- Video – Indigenous Peoples at the UNFCCC, by Indigenous Climate Action
- Video – Decolonizing Climate Policy Webinar #2, by Indigenous Climate Action
Newsletter October 2021: Philanthropy & COP26
- Special Edition: Philanthropy & COP26
- PhiLab Podcast Episode 3: What is PhiLab?
- Next Edition: November 2021 – Philanthropy’s Role During a Crisis
- Featured Philanthropic Profile
- Featured Alliance Content